The User Insights and Trends Research Lead is equal parts anthropologist, sociologist and marketer. You love research and excel at using it to get to the bottom of the real questions of what motivates people to buy and use a product/service and, once purchased, how they use it. Your insights will instruct the why, the what and the how.
• Lead and motivate a team of skilled UX researchers to perform at a high level.
• Lead and manage formative qualitative and quantitative research projects across video and broadband landscapes illuminating insights and inspiration for designers to deliver engaging user experiences – formative, generative, foundational qualitative research.
• Collaborate and act as the main liaison with various internal and external teams. Specifically, internal primary sources and outside secondary sources of insights.
• Work with internal/external groups to plan, execute and share primary user insights
• Create compelling, actionable POVs based on all sources of research and insights; POVs should lead to experience explorations and evaluations and/or innovation projects
• Identify and contextualize new trends (user and business specific) relevant to the video and broadband landscapes
• Initiate relevant research to understand new/adjacent opportunities
• Must be aware of macro and micro trends (again, user and business specific) and how they might impact the business
• Report and present insightful findings with actionable recommendations to key partners (design, product, dev, innovation lab and marketing)
• 2+ years of direct people management experience within a UX research function
• 8+ years of experience conducting user research; preferably within video entertainment
• A BS or equivalent degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
• Full-stack experience with all aspects of research (study design, analysis, and reporting)
• Experience utilizing qualitative research methods (e.g., ethnographic, observational, on-on-one interviews, contextual inquiries)
• Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Ideal Academic Background:
• Human-factors related B.A. with experience in experimental design (i.e., psychology, HCI, and/or anthropology).
• Cognitive science/psychology is a plus.
• Master’s degree in related field, academic research author, involvement in other organizations outside of work
• 3.5 or greater GPA from a top college or university
• Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Possess strong research skills, including research design, study moderation, and qualitative analysis
• Proficient in Excel, Keynote, PPT, Word
• Experienced using UserTesting, UserZoom, dscout, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.