This leading global coffee company is looking for a mid- sr store designer to support the design team in generation of unique design and promotional concepts that promote brand identity and enhance the experience for the consumer. Supports the development execution and evolution of the Brand Expression.
This position contributes to this brands success by supporting the regional store design process to create outstanding store designs that uphold the this brands Customer Experience. The process is inclusive of all phases of design from schematic through construction documents and administration while honoring budget, schedule and operational requirements. Models and acts in accordance with this brands guiding principles.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Executes Design strategy in design of this brands stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to internal designers and external consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes and implements design solutions.
• Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
• Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
• Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
• Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
• Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
• Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
• Participates in schematic reviews with cross-functional teams.
• Mentors other more junior designers.
• PORTFOLIOS are required for consideration. Any candidates submitted without, will be rejected.
• By day 30, you should be able to operate under the supervision of a design manager autonomously to efficiently get work completed.
• CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software (5-7 years)
• Project management experience (1 year)
• Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents (5-7 years)
• Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants (5-7 years)
• Bachelors degree required in related field
• Adobe Suite experience is a plus
TOP 3 SKILLS:
1 Sketch Up, Revit, AutoCAD
3 Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents