- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our Healthcare client is in need of an Events Marketing Coordinator for a 9-month consulting assignment. The role will provide project management and administrative support to high performing Events Marketing team though developing project plan and leads execution of marquis events, business to business meetings/events, and other projects as needed. Will also provide on-site and remote support/management at events/conferences as required. The Events Marketing Coordinator position requires proven project management and communication skills, independence and initiative to support the team's efforts in achieving objectives.
- Provide overall project planning, coordination and support to execute plan on assigned events
- Develop and track deliverables
- Deliver high quality work within established time frames and budget
- Manage marquis event registration and staffing processes
- Request printing, giveaway items, display/booth items, and activities
- Follow prescribed guidelines for filing company documents and handling proprietary information
- Provide on-site support and management when required
- Evaluates and reports on key measurements and outcomes
- Respond to requests in a timely, professional manner
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Associates degree or minimum 3 years’ experience in events management
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience preferably focused in events marketing, health insurance or health improvement
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Travel to event site – 25%
- Demonstrated experience in working with teams across multiple organizations
- Demonstrated experience working independently with limited direction/guidance
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Customer service skills and dedication to anticipating and meeting the expectations and requirements of business partners
- Excellent strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated advanced expertise in Microsoft office products; Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, well as other software applications and adoption
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of handling multiple priorities and projects
- Project management skills preferred
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start