Seeking a strong Technical Writer in Seattle!
We’re a mobile platform building out libraries, components and tools that internal teams can leverage to build and maintain their apps.
We’re looking for a technical writer to document the intake, onboarding and tooling instructions for the partner teams.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
• Interview both the platform team and the partner teams to gain deep understanding of the tools and systems
• Document the platform intake process
• Document the onboarding process
• Document the process to leverage the platform libraries, components and tools
What would a normal day for this position look like??
Stay in regular contact with the relevant engineers and Product Managers via recurring meetings and ad hoc interactions. Assemble all the requirements for each area being documented. Write, edit and solicit feedback on all documentation from relevant developers and users.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, English, or relevant technical field and 4+ years of technical writing experience
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, concisely and with grammatical fluency
• Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects with tight deadlines and time-critical deliverables through their entire life cycle
• Experience interviewing subject matter experts, such as app developers, or UX designers, to generate informed content
• Experience using multiple authoring and editing tools
• Prior experience with preparing graphic designs including selecting and/or creating photographs, diagrams, and charts to best illustrate material
• Familiarity with app development and delivery, including React Native, iOS and Android
• Prior experience managing the review and release process for original and revised documents and change requests as a document administrator
• Experience developing and delivering training
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
• Ability to dive deep into the platform systems, user needs and key objectives in order to arrive at the most effective documentation