- San Jose
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Gerald Garrison
We're looking for a Customer Insights Program Manager for our client in San Jose. This role is scheduled to last 12 months.
You will help create the world through the eyes of our customers – using insights, research and data to build a clear sense of category dynamics, competitive context and customer needs states and decision journeys.
This role will curate the many sources of customer learning into the fact base for a segment narrative that can inform all our story telling based on our value propositions that can be used in varied, compelling context across the customer journey to drive customers outcomes.
This is a role focused on being a customer empath and uses data and insights to fuel storytelling and customer narratives to drive customer response and activity – it is not a research or an analytical role, though it borrows heavily from these disciplines.
Primary Job Responsibility:
Devise and curate a customer empathy program that leverages all the key existing sources for customer truth to illuminate and narrate the customer reality, along with their competitive practices and category behaviours.
• Global Insights Barometer
• Customer Segmentation and CUBE
• Custom research activity delivered by the Central research team
o Market, Marketing, Customer and Product Analytics
o Customer wins and losses
o Syndicated research facilities
o Corporate strategy assessments and findings
o Customer Operational reporting and Voice of the Customer findings
o Investor & Industry Analyst Research resources
o UX Lab and Investigation studies
o Customer Discovery Findings within Durable teams
o Customer Distillation
o Customer Testing & experimentation platforms
o Regulatory and Industry bodies
Years of Experience:
- Deliberate plan of various project.
- Able to track, deliver, and socialize their project.
- Experience in running Multiple project simultaneously in a multifunctional environment in a tech company, hard/fast pace environment.
- Educated to degree level in a numerate, analytical or statistical subject - research or analytics quaifications would be a bonus
- An "education" in the craft and methodologies of data mining, data analysis, research programming and other big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning techniques
- 5 Years plus experience in customer analytics or understanding based on insights in a fast moving, disruptive, rapid growth brand environment – with a strong emphasis on story-telling, claims management and/or competitive analysis
- Strong interpretation and articulation skills so that you can derive simplicity of story from complex and disparate data sets
- Proven track record of tenure in building a customer learning or empathy or insights platform for company wide use
- Accomplished in executing in a cross functional team environment in matrix organizations
- Internationally attune and strong empathy with locally driven marketing
- Influential and pragmatic around business realities
- Proficient public speaking and presenting skills
- A searing curiosity and intellectual passion for understanding the customer - which can be translated into compelling fact based narratives about how customers are feeling and behaving
- A data and intelligence nerd, with mastery levels of expertise in forensically compiling a “customer incident room” of disparate data sources and findings and assimilating these into a coherent view of the world through customers eyes.
- Strong affinity to the consumer tech category and/or financial services category
- Can interpret data and numbers to tell innovative and enlightening stories that represent leadership in this complex category which in turn will grab attention, change perceptions and sell our products
- Proven experience in turning data and findings into insights that we can act against to champion our customers, grow our category and help billion more people participate in the global
- Engaging and impactful communicator in written, numerate and spoken formats - loves to tell stories and confident addressing senior personnel with data driven and insight based messages
- Can bring out the best in agency relationships – garnering the best teams, building highly engaging relationships and delivering great results with a keen eye on costs
- Team player across functions and borders - collaborative, consultative, collegiate, someone who builds answers and outcomes with their stakeholders and "customers"
- High energy, self-driven, loads of initiative, resourceful - generally very focused on getting to "yes" and getting to "do"
- Impeccable attention to detail, very high quality standards and robust principles when it comes to data integrity and validating insights - can procure a data based hypothesis or knowledge file within high pressure, fast turnaround environments and will always fight for the standards that our brand deserves
- Someone that people see as a trusted adviser, a project partner, a strong voice for the customer in global forums and cross functional teams
- Degrees or Certifications: Bachelors degree, certification is a plus in Project management but experience is more important.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize a good portion of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium to develop your skills
We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/