In this temporary assignment, the role of Production Designer is the liaison between the Creative Design and Mechanical Production Studio teams, ensuring the original design intent—established by approved creative—is maintained thoughtfully and consistently throughout the implementation and mechanical production processes.
In this role, you will provide production mechanical building expertise combined with a great sense of design acumen to maintain the high level design and quality standards.
• You have 3-5 years production design experience implementing complex design concepts into a varied set of marketing materials.
• Expert in Mechanical Production, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
• Highly skilled in Photoshop, Bridge, and Acrobat.
• Able to strategize the implementation of a project’s core set of creative across the full suite of print and some online deliverables.
• Strong communication skills, able to explain ideas and direction to others clearly, diplomatically and concisely.
• Comfortable working with diverse teams, including Creative, Project Management, Print Production, Mechanical Studio, Editing and Content.
• Work well in partnership with others, particularly Creative and Production Design personnel maintaining professional demeanor under pressure and in situations of ambiguity.
• React quickly to new information, opinions and direction and strategically pivot when necessary.
• Creative Advertising or Design Agency experience preferred. Samples of design implementation and mechanical production samples required.
• Directly support Creative Design staff and Mechanical Production Studio.
• Use design implementation experience to anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as image cropping, scaling, layout ratio reformatting.
• Anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as resolution, function, color, reproduction and finishing.
• Create design adaptations at different aspect ratios and scales.
• Build and maintain design roadmaps, master layouts and other internal visual documents.