Interesting Fact - Started by Alexander Hamilton in 1784, this powerhouse Fortune 500 client is one of the longest-lasting financial institutions enduring every economic event over the past 230 years. And you can be part of this continuing exciting journey! Our client is looking for a long-term freelance Sr. Interactive Designer to join their team for 10 months (until Dec. 2019 with the opportunity to extend), onsite, 40 hours a week, NYC. Healthcare Benefits, 5 paid sick days, 401k, FlexSpend are all offered in this long term freelance opportunity.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about user-centered design, someone who has a desire to influence their own development - and is looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions - where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
The need for this role comes from the client’s current initiatives to build new capabilities which includes a 6-week design sprint for a complex B2B service offerings, e.g. create artifacts, portals, re-design of email and automation service designs.
What You Will Do:
- As a Sr. Interaction Designer, you will lead research, strategy, service design, and digital product design to create experiences that bring a smile to the face - regardless of whether it’s a website, app, software application, data-driven environment, connected device, or multi-channel service.
- This client is looking for an outstanding designer who can produce excellent work with minimal supervision, a collaborative teammate that makes others better at what they do, and a consultant who enjoys becoming a trusted advisor to their clients.
- In addition, you will plan and conduct human centered research, including writing research plans and discussion guides, conducting open ended and generative qualitative research, facilitate participatory workshops and research sessions, and run usability sessions.
- Drive the synthesis of research findings, and communicate those findings to inform clients, clarify and shape decisions, and make unexpected and breakthrough design work possible.
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct journey and ecosystem mapping activities, and articulate future service experiences through storyboards, service prototypes, and service blueprints as well as user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, wire-framing, prototyping, and documentation.
- In this highly visible role, you will work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented and reflect design intent.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and developers to communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally, visually, and in written form.
What You Need:
- At least 5 years of professional Interaction Design experience
- A strong and well-rounded foundation across research, service design, and digital product design, with deep expertise in at least one of these focus areas.
- Strong knowledge of user experience and interface design processes and methodologies, particularly as applied to mobile apps and web-based experiences.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Framer, and Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to articulate design intent to other members of the team, and project expertise and confidence to clients.
- Bachelor’s (pref. Master’s) Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or comparable and relevant experience.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com