- St. Louis, MO
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kate Gottfried
Our healthcare client in St. Louis is looking for a Sr Designer to join their team for a short term assignment helping support a leave coverage. The designer is responsible for providing advanced creative technical advice for highly complex marketing communication (Marcom) projects.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with business leaders to understand business needs.
- Provides creative input in the strategic development of all types of communication and marketing materials, and offers design efficiency recommendations to help achieve unit cost per sale goals.
- Collaborates and partners with business leaders and all areas of marketing to ensure a consistent message.
- Develops creative ideas and solutions to meet customer needs.
- Originates design layout and executes creative plans.
- Uses graphic design software applications to produce printed/digital sales and marketing materials, multimedia solutions, and/or interactive experiences.
- Supports business initiatives (plain language, standardization, going paperless, etc), and identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Acts as project lead for all complex assignments.
- May provide guidance or direction to team members.
- May consult directly with clients and team members on all projects in progress within the department.
- High proficiency in graphic design required.
- Submit design work to supervisor for critique and guidance.
- Communicate with internal and external teams to ensure production schedules run smoothly.
- Assist in troubleshooting production and prepress concerns.
- Execute unique outputs and preflight checklists for various tasks.
- Perform additional production tasks as assigned.
- Log and report tasks as completed.
As a Fortune 50 company, our client has been the recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including being distinguished as one of Working Mother magazine’s "100 Best Places to Work" and one of Fortune magazine’s "America’s Most Admired Companies" among health insurers. Our client is also a 2017 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity.
When joining a team at our client, you have the exceptional opportunity to do innovative work where every person counts and all perspectives matter.
What we have heard from talent who work there and why they love it:
- Opportunities to work with innovative digital solutions and initiatives
- A strong focus on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- A strong probability for temp-to-perm conversion (1 in 3 of our talent convert!)
- Our client invests in their contractors and treats them like their own employees, setting them up for success from the start
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 5 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) to develop and update various marketing materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Powerpoint to develop and update various marketing materials
- Familiar with pre-press production processes for print files
- Understands file preparation techniques for digital files for use on the web
- Design ads for print and web.
- Preflight, prep and file camera-ready ads for page design teams.
- Create marketing and sales collateral.
- Create event collateral items including presentations, signs, name badges, etc.
- Create marketing and co-branded emails.
- Prepare for and participate in production meetings for larger projects.