The Project Manager works with the managed service PM to oversee content projects to ensure work is completed to client specifications within stated timeframes. This involves developing processes, schedules, training, and tracking data and budgets; maintaining effective relationships with staff and clients; and ensuring that project team members have the knowledge, support, and guidance to complete assigned tasks to the client’s specifications. The Project Manager assists in monitoring the quality of work throughout the course of projects; provides reports, metrics, and capacity planning within stated timeframes; and effectively manages information flow to Aquent staff and clients where appropriate.
Project Managers have no direct reports; however, indirect supervision will be a part of managing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits an excellent customer service attitude at all times, and effectively represents Aquent’s values.
- Manages multiple content channels with supervision, and builds competency over time.
- Responsible for updating project status reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Resolves project and customer service issues effectively and successfully with project personnel.
- Proactively informs extended team about project status, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality.
- Ensures that all projects adhere to quality assurance (QA) process identified by the client and by Aquent, and raises questions in a timely manner.
- Monitors handoffs to ensure that the project team conforms to all client requirements and that deliveries are on time.
- Provides input and recommendations to Aquent staff regarding project improvements, process improvements, organizational strategies and direction, new technologies and tools.
- Helps identify and define best practices for project management and specific project activities.
- Continually reviews processes against intent and helps identify ways to streamline or add value.
- Works on special projects or other tasks, as assigned.
- 2+ years of project management or project leadership experience preferably in a consulting environment, with demonstrated abilities in managing large, complex projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the high tech industry working with multi-faceted, technically complex projects which have required interaction with numerous people.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with demonstrated abilities in conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability in working effectively with project teams (different roles).
- Demonstrated abilities in making decisions, handling multiple tasks and priorities independently, recognizing and communicating risks, and working under continual deadline constraints.
- Designing reports and tracking data to measure KPIs and SLAs.
- Proficiency with Excel, SharePoint; knowledge of PowerBI is a plus.
- Experience tracking work in Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio Team Server (VSTS), Azure DevOps, or similar.
- Experience with content development lifecycles.