- Irvine, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking a Sr. Instructional Designer on a 6+ month assignment.
This person demonstrates full knowledge in assigned area and is an experienced contributor. Develops sales training curricula and programs with focus on objection handling, sales process and methodologies, selling models, and sales positioning. Has familiarity and experience in the technology used by the company and the industry to design and develop sales curricula and lead projects for sales development.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Develops Sales Force Development curricula and programs
- Develops and creates learning curricula and programs based on identified business and sales needs and using various delivery modes (e.g., instructor-led sessions, eLearning and performance support tools).
- Packages and evaluates curriculum plan/design for effectiveness. Works with subject matter experts to align with business needs.
- Manages projects by scoping, estimating, identifying resources, providing status updates and mitigating risk.
- Builds prototype of learning. Collaborates with subject matter experts to validate information.
- Works with client groups to ensure effective program implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Program / project consulting
- Partners with appropriate business leaders, managers, and SMEs and conducts discovery sessions including analysis of performance issues and process improvement.
- Identifies training needs and designs implementation plans.
- Provides roadmap of learning development. Identifies expectations, new processes and curriculum materials needed.
- Oversees training packaging to ensure adoption by target audiences.
- Researches industry best practices and stays current on trends and technologies. Ensures high-quality deliverables, efficient and effective solutions.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to plan processes and work for a group or team to assure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams or groups.
- Demonstrates effective facilitation and consultative skills. Proactively anticipates the needs of clients groups.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain relationships within Capital.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of sales training, adult learning practices and instructional design.
- Experiences with sales methodologies (Miller-Heiman, Richardson, and SPIN).
- Familiar with sales roles and sales competency models.
- Experience with business technical areas such as: financial services, retirement planning, advisory, insurance, intermediaries and/or similar.
- Expert at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint), Must be able to use existing templates and follow an established style guide.
- Experience using Articulate 360 recommended, but not required.
- 5 years plus experience in instructional design and development with emphasis on sales training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject is required.
- Effective English communications, written, verbal, and in presentation.
Fully on-site = Irvine, CA
This is a new role focused on creating and developing Sales Training material. Candidates MUST have sales training methodology experience from a financial or financial-related industry.
- Updated Resume
- Storyline 2 or Articulate 360 workable samples