- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cassandra Beard
AQUENT is partnering with a Fortune 200 company in New York, NY for an Events Coordinator opportunity! The Events Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the broader agenda of this company’s Marketing team by assisting in strategic events management, logistical coordination and vendor management. We’re looking for a self-starter and project manager who is an adept communicator, able to manage multiple deadlines, and create fantastic events that will make an impact on this companys’ established yet exciting brand.
- Own end-to-end execution of assigned internal events, including all logistical coordination from contract negotiation, vendor and catering management, venue sourcing, budget tracking, invitations, to planning and production to onsite execution and post-event analysis.
- Plan and execute large-scale company-wide events across multiple venues.
- Manage procurement and delivery of "swag."
- Work closely with the external marketing events team to ensure a coordinated approach to events management that is synergistic and leverages shared resources.
- Support other internal planners as needed and the occasional externally-facing associate events, like major enterprise efforts, hosting affinity group events on-site, hosting executive leaders on-site and other notable visitors to our offices.
- Think about events creatively and go above and beyond to create unique events that are equal parts fun and useful for our associates and partners.
- Analyze current events and provide strategic recommendations to meet the varying needs of the business.
- Work extensively with CVENT, our events system of record.
- Effectively track event ROI using a systematic approach and producing executive-ready post-event analysis.
- Negotiate with properties and agencies to ensure highest quality experience.
- Use Project management skillset to ensure timelines and communications stay on track.
- Work with agencies to provide turnkey solutions for small events.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to present to leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Work across multiple groups including procurement, legal, Accounting and Tax to ensure that all invoices, contracts and creative are properly processed.
- At least 3 years of event planning and management experience
- At least 2 years’ experience managing vendor relationships, sourcing and negotiating contracts, and managing budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least one year of event planning experience for a financial services company
- At least 2 years of Strategic event planning experience (using marketing strategy to create event recommendations for the annual events plan)
- Experience with CVENT
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint)
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR
If this sounds like you - send your resume to email@example.com today!
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/