Technical writers take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon to explain what they're trying to say. With a unique, cross-functional perspective, technical writers are the key link between our engineers, account managers, and external users and developers. When a new technical challenge rises to forefront, you are there to defuse it with your clarifying pen (or keyboard, more likely). Aquent's Client is seeking a technical writer to document the processes of working with 2 externalized company development tools, bolster documentation on an existing project management tool, expand enterprise documentation for partners, and create new overview documentation of the end to end processes involved in launching multiple segments of devices. The successful candidate will work directly with engineers, technical account managers, and operations program managers to write and edit copy, including website help content and operational processes for partner consumption. They will work with the stakeholders within the company to understand the process, identify key steps and dependencies, and translate the requirements into a series of easily reproducible procedures.
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- Fluency in English
- Technical writing experience that includes producing task-oriented documentation, reference material, and online help systems.
- Excellent writing and communication skills - Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to bring form and structure to ambiguity
- Comfortable working independently
- Knowledge of programming languages
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, such as technical or marketing writing, product documentation, or online publishing
- A fundamental understanding of HTML and CSS basics
- Experience with content management systems and/or help tools