Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to support Upstream Capability- Drilling & Completions in Houston, TX. The main responsibility of the Technical Writer will be to create, enhance, update and maintain documents related to Drilling and Completions.
The Technical Writer will be a part of a team consisting of engineers, SMEs, a technical writer, and a team lead.
• 5-7+ years of experience as a Technical Writer required
• Knowledge of Drilling and Completions Engineering technical writing required
• Intermediate to advanced hands-on experience with: SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe required
• Loading documents to SharePoint
• Convert Word doc to PDF, ensure link works
• Must have prior experience working with experts to create, enhance and revise documents required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Candidates local to Houston area required
• College degree preferred
• Technical Writing experience within O/G company or operator- plus
• Experience managing SharePoint sites – permissions, administration – nice to have
• Experience with Microsoft Visio – plus
• MS Project Planner experience - plus
Education: College Degree Preferred
• The main responsibility of the Technical Writer will be to create, enhance, update and maintain documents related to Drilling and Completions.
• They will manage the workflow of documents through the entire revision process.
• The workload could vary from revising one major technical document to revising multiple small documents at one given time.
• Influence technical document quality
• Work directly with engineers and SMEs to construct or revise documents/information into quality, technical documents.