- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Entertainment and Hospitality brand in Glendale, CA is seeking a Senior Content Strategist (CS) with prior digital content strategy or content design experience, from an agency or large content-driven company, to join one of Los Angeles’s largest in-house Content Strategy teams. This is a 6-month opportunity with the possibility of extension or conversion to a perm role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Prior content strategy experience
- Prior writing experience
- Prior digital development experience
- Prior research and data analytics experience
- Keen interest in content strategy
- At least 5-7 year’s experience as a member or leader of large, multidisciplinary digital design/development teams.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of digital design, development, and production processes.
- Knowledge and background in business/marketing strategy with a demonstrable understanding of marketing, branding, audience analysis, and usability issues.
- Affinity for storytelling and a history of success adapting and applying storytelling skills to digital experiences.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, work with various creative and technical disciplines, and deliver against aggressive deadlines.
This is a Content Strategy position in the realm of digital design, as practiced in large digital agencies and content companies, that focuses on planning for the creation, delivery and governance of useful, usable content. It is not a content marketing job or a marketing strategy job or an editorial/publishing job.
- The Content Strategist synthesizes content strategy best practice, business direction, product strategy, Guest data, and research from internal and external sources to define narrative goals and guidelines that ensure Guests find the information they need where and when they need it within our digital experiences.
- The role requires creative ideation and detailed content management - a combination of high-level and low-level skills, from visualizing and socializing complex strategies, to spreadsheet entry and page-level maintenance. We seek a person who can take on a wide-variety of tasks simultaneously, can self-manage demanding project timelines and can collaborate with stakeholders to form a comprehensive strategy and present it to a room full of people. Essentially, we need a go-getter with smart content strategy ideas who can present a vision to a team and follow through on the details to ensure it comes to fruition.
- The CS collaborates with Interaction Design, Digital Design (Visual Design), Media, Technology, SEO, Analytics, Product Management, and Production to ensure strategic continuity across disciplines and to achieve the communication goals of the project. The Content Strategist produces Content Briefs, Content Maps/Layouts, Navigation charts and spreadsheets that catalog web pages, App screens and entities in an experience, including meta data, display rules, and other defining characteristics, to support SEO, copywriting, CMS development, and other design and development activities
The position requires independent work on project teams and is expected to immediately contribute content strategy solutions, insights and deliverables. As such, the position requires prior CS experience to hit the ground running with limited on-job training to:
- Leverage industry, business, Guest, product, and site research and analytics to guide content decisions on App and Web projects.
- Develop strategic ideas to inspire, shape, and create cogent and compelling narrative experiences on App and Web.
- Create, communicate, and direct the content strategy for a project with an eye toward branding, marketing, business goals, CS best practices, and Guest needs.
- Guide content creation, maintenance, management and governance of content for all assigned projects.
- Develop and maintain page inventories to document page-level information including URLs, keywords, page titles, copy notes, etc.
- Develop and maintain filter documentation that include the categories, dimensions and values of content entities, their relationships, and the rules governing filter displays.
- Collaborate with Copywriters/Editors to ensure the content achieves business goals and supports the Guest experience.
- Research and report on relevant industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities for new or improved content experiences.
Additional Information: This is not a VUI Design role; the focus is on someone to work within the linguistic aspect of the development process.
Working here gives you the opportunity to have an affect on digital projects designed make people happy!
This team is responsible for the successful operation, and round-the-clock monitoring of sites and apps that provide connections and enhancements to multiple magical travel destinations globally. Think that sounds exciting? Well, that’s just the beginning! We have an almost 30 year history of placing candidates with top notch skills with this client, to help push their digital initiatives to the cutting edge. Even as a freelancer here, you’ll see and do things you’d not have access to otherwise.
Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!” As a freelancer with this media & entertainment company, you’ll work with the biggest brands, and most recognizable products and events in the world.
Have a happy, upbeat attitude? That, combined with a cutting-edge digital skill set makes you the perfect consideration for conversion to full-time, if the opportunity arises. It’s been known to happen!
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers