Great Communications Lead Opening! Work on omni-channel campaigns for a great company!
The communication lead provides communication consultation to programs, initiatives, campaigns and channels, that align with company’s strategic corporate communication priorities. These activities inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the company’s clients, the field, employees, leaders and other stakeholders.
The communication lead delivers in the following areas:
• Develops and implements strategic communication plan and strategies to drive business outcomes in support of business partner and communication priorities.
• Provides communication consultation and to business partners. Based on these consultations, implement communication plans that support or drive desired business outcomes.
• Execute communication tactics with emphasis on writing key messages, supporting documents (news releases, FAQs, copy concepts, etc.), news articles, collateral, etc.
• Provides insights and support with planning and delivery of effective integrated communication solutions.
• Engages with communication teams (may include communication consultants or specialists, creative resources, freelancer or external consultants, etc.) to help implement communication solutions including range of traditional and non-traditional venues, media, channels and tactics.
• Collaborates with communication consultants to assure understanding of business partner priorities and tight alignment and coordination of communication department support to business partners.
• Measures effectiveness of communication support and/or return on communication investment.
• Skillfully manages complex programs, matrixed strategies and significant workload.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or social sciences, advanced degree and asset.
• Seasoned professional with 6-8 years of progressive experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing, training or related communication field.
• Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, listening, influencing) are a must, with the ability to influence without authority, manage through ambiguity and build relationships.
• Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills.
The specialized communication consultant develops and manages communication programs, initiatives, campaigns and media channels that support company’s Client Experience strategy. These activities inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the company’s clients, prospects, key influencers, the field, employees and other stakeholders. Works under the guidance of and in collaboration with the assistant director.
Please provide a description of how this role fits into the organization and your team
This position strongly supports marketing's role in the LifePlus readiness and adoption 2020 project.
· Process Oriented: can champion the necessary steps to lead projects from launch to completion while defining and implementing solutions
· Organized Execution: Demonstrated superior ability to manage multiple complex projects and deadlines in fast-paced, team and independent environments. Includes keeping items on track, within budget and at required level of quality.
· Leadership: Ability to negotiate, influence, and build credibility and strong partnerships in matrixed organization across business functions and levels
· Business Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise and persuasive in style) for internal collaboration and development of consumer/client Communications
· Analytical Skills: Results-driven focus with ability to use data intelligence to influence decisions and refine strategies.
· Creative Management: Proven ability to successfully engage and guide creative teams (may include writers, external consultants, etc.) to plan, conceive, develop and implement marketing communications initiatives
· Problem Solver -- resourceful and capable of navigating through complex business challenges and comfortable in situations where roles are not always clearly defined.
· Customer-Focus Thinking: able to generate strong excitement with new and unique project ideas and programs that keep the client as center focus
· Adaptability: thrives in an environment of ambiguity, innovation and ongoing change
• Driven: works independently, not afraid to take charge to get things done. Follows through on commitments to achieve results.
• PC Experience -- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
What are the nice to haves for this role?
Experience working in the financial services or insurance industry.