Our healthcare client in downtown Louisville is looking for a highly motivated User Research Strategist who is passionate about understanding customers’ needs, behaviors, and attitudes to inform digital strategy and product development decisions. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and several years of experience structuring and conducting user research studies.
- Translate unanswered questions and unexplored opportunities into well-defined research problems matched with suitable methodologies
- Draft research plans, protocols, and screeners and recruit and schedule research participants
- Conduct research using a variety of research methodologies, including field observations, user interviews, focus groups, card sorting, etc.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to uncover actionable insights and strategic opportunities for innovation
- Translate insights into compelling stories and artifacts that grow customer understanding and build empathy
- Communicate research findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Partner with design and development to embed the voice of the customer into the product experience
- Facilitate workshops with multidisciplinary teams and users to build empathy, inspire ideation, and prioritize solutions
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related field
- 3+ years hands-on experience planning and conducting user research
- In-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Examples of projects where research insights led to informed decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- Experience with design thinking and agile environments a plus