FRONT END DEVELOPER
Our global client is seeking an experienced Front-End Developer to add to their growing digital team. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly hand-code clean HTML and CSS from Comps and Wireframes.
Looking for 3-5 years of front-end development experience, preferably in the development and maintenance of a global eCommerce or marketing communications website with over 1MM unique visitors or $100M in annual sales. The position will involve a mixture of: development of user interfaces for inspiration (visualization), shopping (search, cart, checkout), and brand advocacy (user generated content and communities) for company products online.
You will take on new development initiatives and platform enhancements
Your responsibilities will include making recommendations on front-end technologies, leveraging best practices, accurately estimating and tracking your time across multiple simultaneous projects.
As an integral part of the UX department, you will work closely with information architects, visual designers and developers to produce front-end solutions. This will include collaborating on new design concepts, working on win/win solutions with team members, consulting with stakeholders on design enhancements, and working on small/mid-size maintenance projects.
• Develop new and effective interactive design solutions on time and in scope.
• Collaborate with UX team to deliver on new business initiatives and platform enhancements.
• Research and recommend appropriate interactive technologies
• Develop reusable code libraries
• Conduct code walkthroughs and quality assurance with development teams
• Develop web accessible and browser compatibility code
• Develop new interfaces and user-facing features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Ensure that all UI design components are responsive
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
We are interested in candidates with 3+ years of demonstrable experience and who have had a background of working on large-scale web initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional programming skills, an understanding of user-centered design principles, and the ability turn business and user requirements into elegant user interfaces and interactive experiences.
All candidates under consideration must be able to present a comprehensive portfolio.
• 1+ years experience in e-commerce, retail merchandising/marketing, advertising, product development, e-commerce or related fields.
• Experience Web Accessibility Standards a plus.
• Experience with BoradVision, JSP, Swing, Struts would be a definite asset but not necessarily required.
• A portfolio of your best recent work will be reviewed
Degree in Marketing, Visual Communication, Graphic Arts, Computer Science or related area a plus.
- Strong HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, XML programming skills
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
- Basic understanding of interaction design and user-centered design methods & practices
- Professional experience collaborating with design and development teams on large-scale projects.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines.
- Enjoy working closely with others, and respectful of other perspectives.
- Expert conflict resolution skills and being able to negotiate with stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner
- Willingness to switch gears quickly and be flexible to work on concurrent projects.
- Ability to create clean, precise browser-compatible code.
- Experience working with the Agile development methodology
- Experience with web interface development and frameworks (React, Angular, jQuery, etc.)
- Experience using a MV* frameworks (such as Ember.js, AngularJS, ReactJS, etc.)
- Experience in using a version control system, preferably Git
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, DOM traversal/manipulation and event capturing
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Available Portfolio for us to review shipped products
- Experience supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Understanding of Interface Internationalization/Localization techniques and design