- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- $64-$69/hr DOE
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Nikki Meletio
Our client is the top social media company and is headquartered in Menlo Park. Fantastic opportunity to get your fut in the door with this global organization.
The planning and operations manager will support a strategic approach to Consumer Marketing's planning process through improving and streamlining communication, resources, and tools across the Consumer Marketing Organization.
Overall responsibilities will include supporting all day-to-day planning activities across the Consumer Marketing Organization, which spans over 25 product verticals across The Company's cross-functional teams. In addition to the day-to-day, this individual will work cross-functionally with Marketing Ops teams, as well as Finance and Operations Managers to communicate key information, milestones, and deadlines for the teams to deliver strategic.
The successful candidate must be an experienced operations manager and marketer, is data-driven, and consistently a self-starter who proactively identifies and solves problems and continuously seeks ways to improve and drive efficiencies into the org.
- Support the planning and day-to-day operations function to maximize Consumer Marketing’s impact, using a structured approach and rigorous prioritization discipline
- Manage planning and operations meetings for marketing operations managers and marketing leadership
- Execute planning and ongoing prioritization
- Develop and execute initiatives to improve reporting across the entire marketing organization, working closely with marketing partners
- Oversee and manage ongoing operational needs of the marketing organization, including campaign schedules, launch timing, budgets/ forecasting, and monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Support strategic operations projects that help scale the organization (e.g. team integration; creative and reporting efficiencies)
- 5+ years of experience in strategic planning and operations for a marketing org and/ or management consulting experience supporting marketing functions in internet and/or consumer technology vertical
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Attention to detail, methodical with the ability to translate complex problems into actionable solutions
- Process-oriented with strong project management skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, as candidate will be providing org-wide and executive-level presentations
- Motivated, collaborative, and confident self-starter who is also a natural team player and able to build relationships with diverse set of colleagues at all management levels
- Ability to think, plan, prioritize, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion, with careful attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable meeting tight deadlines for ad hoc requests.
- Thrives in and enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, self-starter environment
- BA/BS degree or equivalent marketing and operations experience; MBA is strongly recommended.
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
- Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
- Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
- The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.
Please ensure full legal name is on resume.