Our client is looking for a Senior Visual Product Designer. This is an on-site 12-months assignment (potential to extend or convert to full time) with benefits - Medical Dental and 401K.
Experience using and designing for design systems and for products.
Responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms.
The Senior Visual Designer will work within the User Experience team. This role will involve working with the Director of Product Design. The goal of the design system is to unify the product experience and enable design at scale. Working on Design for a Design System is a key responsibility for this role. This Senior Visual Designer will also support Mobile, Web and Desktop software platforms through design grounded in the evolving design system.
Brief Description of Role:
As a Senior Visual Product Designer, you will lead with the passion, talent and experience to create truly innovative web, mobile, tablet and desktop digital experiences. We are looking for a strong visual problem solver with expert design skills and a desire to define the next generation of client experiences for a top-tier financial services firm. This critical role is responsible for designing best-in-class experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and delight our users.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will take a lead design role from concept to launch. You will be both hands-on and strategic, creating visual systems and ensuring consistency across platforms. You will work closely with the Lead Visual Designer and the Director of Product Design, to apply and develop the visual standards for digital platforms.
The proven ability to balance multiple projects successfully and collaborate across disciplines is critical in our cross-functional environment. Our client has a customer-focused culture conducive to great user-centered design work. The design challenges are complex and satisfying, and your designs will launch and reach a large, highly engaged audience.
• Experience with design systems, ideally designing with and for them.
• Ability to create multiple visual design concepts from creative briefs or draft requirements. Interpret and translate wireframes into compelling experiences.
• Apply and evolve the existing user interface guidelines on new projects, and continue to build the design language.
• Work collaboratively with UX Team, product management, technology team, external creative agencies and other designers.
• Prepare deliverables for development teams including redlines to ensure flawless on time execution.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive personality.
• Stays abreast of innovations in graphic design, technology, and digital trends.
• Willingness to collaborate in an Agile development environment
• 6+ years of hands-on experience creating exceptional digital interfaces in an interactive agency or working directly for a nationally recognized consumer brand.
• Experience interacting directly with clients and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision/direction, and presenting/selling creative concepts.
• Degree in interactive, visual design, or graphic design.
• A gifted eye for design and rigorous attention to details.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and shift gears quickly if requirements change.
• Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to work with an innovative team.
• Have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work
• Expert hands-on knowledge of Sketch and Adobe CS
• Comfortable working on a Macintosh platform
• Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to clearly and respectfully articulate design strategy and process.
• Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to others.