Corporate Event Coordinator
20% travel within California
• Support events including invitations, signage, presentation materials, brochures etc. Liaise with copywriters and designers for implementation.
• Coordinates event external communications development and distribution. This includes email and print distribution of invitations, calendar appointments, reminders and surveys.
• Liaison with internal teams for compiling guest lists, reporting on RSVPs, internal briefings etc.
• Respond to ad-hoc requests for marketing support for sales-led meetings and networking events with bookings, coordinating materials etc.
• Administrative support for tracking and coordinating purchase orders, check requests, invoice payments, budget tracking, contract processing, internal services support tickets, ordering and shipping materials etc.
• Coordinate with event vendors including hotels for room block management, caterers for banquet event orders and travel agents for flights and transfers.
• Liaise with creative teams for development of event mobile applications and registration websites.
• Update presentation materials and print badges.
• Research venues and attend site visits
• Onsite support including welcome and registration
• Researching and sourcing giveaways and inventory management
• Room set up, décor, assembling materials (e.g. gift packets etc.)
• Manage and track budgets
• Proven success in meeting campaign and program goals and objectives, timelines and budgets.
• Ability to operate both strategically and tactically, effectively prioritizing work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent collaborative, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills with ability to communicate and work with teams and individuals who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with external partners and internal colleagues across the organization to overcome challenges and meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking capabilities.
• Strong work ethic; positive attitude; can function as a team player and work independently.
• BA/BS in a related field such as marketing or business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of three to four years of event marketing experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, HTML). Salesforce and Marketo a plus.
• Understanding of basic marketing principles, practices and techniques including marketing analysis and research tools.
Required Skills (top 3 to 5/ non-negotiables):
1. Microsoft Suite (PPT less important)
2. Outlook proficiency
3. Strong writing skills
4. Self-starter with willingness to travel and work long hours when needed
5. Proficiency with budget tracking
What you like to see on resumes? (nice to have)
1. Mail merge skills
3. PPT skills
Disqualifiers or Dislikes on Resumes: Lack of experience with CORPORATE events