- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Scott Toohill
- Build web pages for internal and external users using HTML and CSS
- Partner with broader web developer and engineering teams to propose, ideate and test new capabilities
- Create and maintain unit test for new code and defect fixes
- Create well designed, testable, efficient HTML/CSS/XML, determine technical requirements, and solving code problems
- Upgrade site content and graphics, monitor performance and results, identify and evaluate improvement options, introduce creative solutions, and tag pages properly with taxonomy
- Partner with Marketing and Design Leads to manage multiple bodies of work and align against business goals and audience
- Clearly communicate with all stakeholders while recognizing potential risks and opportunities to obtain the best results
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements, in an environment where priorities often compete
- Develops and QA site layout by clarifying goals, deigning functionality, categorizing content, funneling traffic through content
- Document and report status of technical builds
- A solid track record of building elegant and sophisticated web applications that user love to use
- Strong organizational skills, planning, take ownership, and high level of attention to detail
- Understands architecture for apps that integrate into existing systems and explores alternatives
- Able to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a start-up environment
- Collaborates in a cross-functional environment and prioritize work against deadlines
- Open and able to smartly adapt to real-time feedback
- Able to execute independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in web development using PHP, HTML/XML, and CSS
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
- Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
- Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
- The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.