UIT UX Research Team Lead
If you want to tackle challenging scientific and engineering problems in a collaborative environment and have strong skills in qualitative research, we want you to join our corporate community of 75+ UX professionals at a company that values user experience. You'll be responsible for developing research plans, gathering both qualitative and quantitative data, conducting analysis and working collaboratively with designers and developers to solve some of the toughest upstream energy problems.
We work on a new campus nestled among 385 wooded acres located on the north side of Houston, TX that is designed for collaboration, wellness, and sustainability. Our buildings are LEED Gold certified and have ample natural light.
· Master's degree or higher in anthropology, psychology, human computer interaction, cognitive science, information science or related field.
· Experience leading substantial qualitative and mixed methods research projects.
· Understanding of, and interest in, various UX research methodologies including user interviews, work shadows, focus groups, usability tests and more.
· Effective interpersonal communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
· Creative reporting and presentation skills including visual representations of research processes and results.
· Ability to travel internationally multiple times per year.
In this role you will be responsible for:
· Conceptualizing and designing research projects to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders in the upstream space.
· Maintaining project flexibility, nimbleness, and velocity to respond to dynamic business needs.
· Utilizing a variety of data collection strategies to gather, store, and steward qualitative and quantitative data.
· Data analysis and development of final deliverables for use by stakeholders, developers and designers. These can include: personas, scenarios, narrative reports, workflow diagrams, PowerPoint decks, etc.