This position is responsible for gathering and preparing information related to design, incubation, innovation, and assessment of new business opportunities. Responsible for leading exploratory and participatory research methods to uncover insights that will inform and inspire design and innovation and represent user needs.
Responsible for contributing strategic and systemic thinking to all design phases [planning, research, concept development, prototype and pilot].
Familiarity with service design or service design blueprints is also a plus, since many incubator outputs will be services/experiences.
— co-plan and kick off a high velocity project that you will take from planning to pilot
— formulate a secondary and primary research plan, with one output being insights and insight report development
— lead an immersive, interactive data/insights session to inform the concept development process
— co-facilitate this human-centered concept session (requires method and tool know-how), including value proposition generation, desirability/feasibility/viability consideration and initial business plan generation
— conduct iterative secondary/primary research for competitors/complementors, value proposition and business plan development for an incubator initiative’s lifespan
— plan and generate high-profile pitch deck and experience to Executive Sponsors (multiple times per project)
— co-develop a user experience and service prototype
— co-plan and co-lead user testing sessions, including a 1-week immersive (service) prototype sprint
— co-generate MVP/pilot strategy, plan and design, including metrics for success and related uncertainties to test
— source and build relationships with potential MVP partners internally and externally
— support developers for digital output(s) for MVP
— co-lead user experience customization in co-creation session with pilot partner team
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a design research, design planning, product design, design engineering, strategy planning, service design or
• related field.
• 5 years of project work experience in the design research space.
• Experience planning and conducting research programs (including secondary and primary research), analyzing and synthesizing qualitative data and participating in design workshops
• Experience collaborating and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Experience with user-centered design practices, methods and tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.