- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Melanie Fox
This global clothing company based out of San Francisco, CA is looking for a project coordinator in New York to help support the VP of Denim and Directors of Women’s Denim as they provide direction and drive the creative process in wash development. This person would support the development process for core and seasonal washes including but not limited to garment dye and wash processes on PFD fabrics.
• The individual will understand the big picture strategy and alignment needs across categories that support the Brand.
• Partner with design for seasonal direction, identifying repeat qualities and new developments.
• Individual will collaborate with other members of the fabric management team to assist in building Trend Concept boards as needed.
• Partner with production and mill management team forsourcing direction
• Assist on all counter-sourcing of fabrics with theinput/advice of production.
• Own the organizing of fabric & wash library and maintain R&D ongoing development.
• Assist on the review of price/value/AUC targets for allbasic programs and align with production and GIS offices.
• Responsible for entering chosen fabrics into fabric trackingsystem (PLM).
• Ensure product integrity by facilitating the testing of all fabrics prior to placement needs to ensure performance and safety.
• Expertise in raw materials.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills, organizational and time management skills
• Working knowledge and understanding of production.
• Ability to work closely and partner effectively with designers.
• Vendor relationships.
• Strong management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to regularly interface with senior team members
• Understanding of testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline and garment construction.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel preferred, Photoshop
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• 2+ years in apparel industry.
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.