Packaging Design Director -
This is a Maternity leave fill in lasting approximately 7 months including training and maternity leave coverage. This will be onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week.
Preferred Training - March 25 - April 11
Maternity Leave - April 12 - October 10
Responsible for design of primary and secondary packaging for eye and color makeup categories, as well as global beauty brand skincare franchises.
10-15 years of experience preferred
Personality fit – someone very resourceful, good communicator, proactive, will find the answer themselves by, outgoing, must be able to present to the president of the company, excellent presentation skills, polished, confident
Partners with Directors and Executive Director to help manage the design development of all programs, including new products, line extensions and gift sets. Work closely with Directors to ensure design presentations and comps are done to specification and in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with Associate Design Directors and Directors throughout design development of all products and packaging for programs, including new products, line extensions, promotional programs and gift sets.
• Render design options, execute layouts for presentations, and order comps etc.
• Execute Design Turnovers and design validations.
• Create, maintain and organize library of designs, resources and materials and utilize effectively for new programs.
• Maintain a status report of all projects on a weekly basis. Attends meetings specific to relevant projects being developed.
• Manage color standards, review submissions for primary and secondary packaging with package development.
• Partner cross functionally with internal departments including Packaging Development, Engineering, Product Development, marketing and comp vendors as needed.
• Work with Marketing and vendors to manage the comp process by executing comp requests within budget and in a timely manner.
• Minimum 10 year experience
• Undergraduate College degree in Industrial, Package Design, or Product Design.
• Must be able to communicate technical and design issues well through drawings as well as 3-dimensional comping.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills, self-starter and creative resolution skills.
• Good communication skills and professional demeanor.
• Must have ability to handle numerous tasks in an efficient and timely manner in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Good organizational skills.