- McLean, VA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cassandra Beard
AQUENT is partnering with a Fortune 200 company in McLean, VA for a Public Affairs Coordinator opportunity!
The Public Affairs Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the broader agenda of this company’s Public Affairs team, assisting in managing reputational risk, company issues and crisis events. We’re looking for a self-starter and project manager who is an adept communicator.
- Partner with Public Affairs team members and key internal stakeholders in support of the company’s reputational risk and corporate communication agenda.
- Provide centralized oversight of Public Affairs playbooks, reports and processes, including Crisis Communications & Corporate Issues.
- Assist with drafting communications materials on company issues as they arise.
- Maintain issues resource guides and key issue talking points to ensure information and messaging is current and centralized.
- Conduct research and media monitoring on issues or major events to support reputation risk assessments and emerging issues.
- Serve as a project manager for emerging reputational risk issues.
- Maintain formal reputation risk policy and drive annual review process of protocols.
- Assist with review process for routine speaking requests and presentation content reviews for corporate staff groups.
The Successful Candidate Is:
- A highly organized project manager with a knack for managing multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Part of a collaborative team, sometimes managing rapidly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail.
- Responsible for coordinating with other groups and executives to meet enterprise deadlines.
- Able to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, executive management, and senior management.
- An adept communicator with strong written/verbal communications skills and ideally strong presentation skills.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, communications, marketing/public relations or a related discipline.
- Four or more years work experience in public or corporate communications.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to translate complicated issues into a clear point of view, and create a concise narrative.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication & influencing skills.
- Deep focus and ability to pay attention to detail and delivery against timelines.
- Six or more years' work experience in communications consulting or public/corporate affairs.
- Demonstrated success developing creative and effective approaches to problem solving.
- Highly motivated – willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, even in situations where the work is outside of the scope of your respective role.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/