- Washington D.C.
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Alyssa O'Keefe
Our client is looking for a Art Director/Designer to join their creative team, working on digital versions of publications, and special projects. They are looking for a multitasker, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a proactive work style—eager to develop multiple solutions for design challenges. The ability to juggle and independently prioritize multiple projects is a must.
- Art concept stories, design department pages and assign illustration for publications, and digital versions, working directly with story and photo editors
- Ability to take direction and feedback from senior design staffers, while first problem-solving independently
- Strong design aesthetic to creatively communicate through illustration a story, message, idea, process, or methodology in both composition and color application.
- Strong conceptual thinker with the ability to translate researched information into visually stimulating and intellectually engaging typography, infographics, process models and diagrams, iconography, and custom illustration.
- Ensuring timely delivery of graphics per assigned delivery date.
- Strong communications skills.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with Sketch is a plus.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop required; DPS experience a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years experience working as a digital art director and/or senior designer, experience with editorial design
- Understanding of technology platforms that support user experiences
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail to ensure quality is delivered in every outpuT
- High capacity for design thinking, along with a general understanding of and appreciation for experience design, strategy & innovation
- Excellent project management and communication skills. Must embrace teamwork, constructive feedback, and collaboration, with the ability to work well under pressure, multitask and adhere to tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented—strong organizational and time-management skills are a must.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
- Online portfolio showcasing design projects is a must
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.