Do you have a Senior UX/UI Product Design background where you enjoy creating and optimizing graphical assets for tablets and mobile screen displays? Do you have excellent design skills and the necessary technical knowledge to improve the current brand products and make them stand out among the rest?
Aquent has a Senior UX/UI Product Designer role for a prestigious, Fortune 500 client local to the Sunnyvale, CA market area. Individuals considered for this role need to have an excellent portfolio that displays projects related to this role and that accentuates your superb design skills. Additionally, you will be a part of a highly collaborative product team, in an agile environment that is heavily focused on application work stream. You will support the product team and you will be required to plan, build, and build creative concepts and take direction to manage concurrent development efforts along the way. The UX/UI Product Designers work hands on to deliver experiences through ideation, design exploration, prototyping, designing user flows and testing. It’s deeply rewarding to see our work come to life at one of the world’s largest eCommerce companies.
As a Sr. Product Designer, you’ll help customers live better by improving their web and mobile experiences. You’ll apply your expertise in interactive design, visual design, and prototyping and tap into your empathetic brain to solve complex eCommerce challenges. You will liaise with partners in Product, Engineering and Analytics, and dedicate your team’s collective creativity to delivering experiences that delight our customers. We seek passionate, customer-centric visual and interactive designers with experience working in cross-functional teams. You’ll provide product with recommendations and make design decisions with minimal guidance, and jump into your role to make an immediate impact.
• Contribute to the shared business goals of the product team.
• Create and update designs and layouts, while working within defined templates.
• Form partnerships and work side-by-side with information architects, product managers, and engineers.
• Document and optimize standards and guidelines to support new and ongoing work.
• Participate in the planning and development of new content.
• Employ design standards set by company style guides.
• Remain current with app trends, usability and standards, along with the tools and techniques for online experience development.
• Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and inter-dependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
• Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
• Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
What You'll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior visual and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect hand-off using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.