- New York City
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Preston
Leading Media and Entertainment Client is looking for an Assistant Editor to work upcoming 1 year temporary assignment in their New York City location.
The assistant editor supports a team of several video editors, motion graphics artists, and producers. Will be responsible for the following:
- Setting up video project files: o Organizing assets o Pulling selects o Making stringouts of content o Assembling rough cuts o Selecting music options as needed
- Review, log, and confirm all project assets are provided in the correct format
- Manage organization and metadata tagging of media on the production server
- Log and track all drives in production hard drive library
- Post content for review by clients and creative teams
- Work closely with distribution teams to traffic all broadcast, digital, and social deliverables
- Creating slates for all final deliverables and posting for Ad Standards review
- Provide production assistance on set as needed
- 1+ years experience in fast paced production environment
- Experience in advertising and entertainment industries preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro a must
- Familiar with all relevant video formats and codecs -
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Film, marketing, advertising, production, etc)
- Media management skills -Organization skills
This media and entertainment client is on a mission … and they need you to help them do it. Their mission? To change the world through compelling content. Does that sound like a mission you can get on board with? If so, here’s what you’ll find working here:
They foster creativity and diversity. Diversity of ideas, and people. They see it as one of their biggest advantages.
They’re risk takers - again with the fostering creativity! Take a chance, make a mark, and see where it gets you. Sometimes, the biggest successes come from the biggest ideas, masked as the biggest risks.
Overwhelmingly, their employees are happy with their work environment. Words like ‘happy’, ‘content’, ‘friendly’ are words we tend to hear.
A sense of ownership. Have an idea? Manage projects? Run with it, and they’ll support you.
How better to further your career than with a major media brand encouraging you to push yourself on the job? Unleash your pioneering spirit here by embracing new technology, pushing the envelope creatively and jumping into action as a well respected member of their team.