Aquent’s client is seeking a User Experience Designer for a direct hire opportunity in Milwaukee.
Ideal candidates are all-around designers with experience in interaction design as well as information architecture. They will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. Individuals should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our users and our business, and how to solve for them through design.
As a UX Designer you will:
- Think through complex features and flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the complex feel simple to users.
- Be a key partner in shaping our product by channeling the voice of the user, envisioning initial concepts, proactively iterating upon task flows, wireframes, and mock ups based upon user feedback, and working closely with developers to ensure your designs are carried out and implemented.
- Optimize existing experiences and processes or propose new ones. Know when we should iterate on the existing and when to hit the reset button and start over.
- Create consistency by thinking within our design ecosystem.
- Work closely with and Influence product management, engineering, marketing and designers from across the company on projects that involve physical products and software.
- Articulate and sell our design solutions to other designers, product stakeholders, management and executives.
- Deliver the artifacts necessary to contribute to an Agile development cycle, including annotated sketches, low fidelity comps/wireframes, user flows, site maps, content maps, prototypes and navigation models.
- Develop high-level and/or detailed user scenarios and annotated wireframes to effectively communicate design ideas
- Develop and maintain content maps
- Create wireframes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritization
- Understand target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components
- Develop user flows and personas to facilitate feature design process understand our user needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components
- Self-starter and take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills – build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook on things.
- An extreme passion for understanding the user, and a strong communicator of the user’s perspective throughout the design process.
- A belief that UX is more than just UI and includes all user-centered design activities from research, concept, flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools Sketch, Adobe XD or InVision and anything else needed to get the job done.
- Experience designing native mobile apps as well as web and how to bridge them together.
- BS or BFA in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design or other related field; 5+ years of related experience.
- Must include link to an up-to-date, online portfolio in order to be considered.
Things that we value:
- Curious minds that are always willing to learn
- Introspective and self-aware
- An efficient and focused mono-tasking
- A strong point of view with a healthy dose of humility
- A collaborative mindset, perseverance and a great sense of humor
- A personality that thrives in an agile/nimble environment
- Willingness to take risks