Our healthcare client, HCA, is looking for a Marketing Specialist to work with the Division Marketing team to develop external communication strategies/plans related to product lines, facility concerns and issues for the hospitals, outpatient facilities and physicians. This person will be responsible for implementing internal and external marketing plans at the facility level. As well as budget monitoring for hospital marketing spend and monthly reconciliation. They will initiate and manage special projects and assignments with other marketing team members as needed, cross-selling product lines as appropriate. They will work with other departments as needed and other projects as assigned by Facility CEO and AVP of Marketing.
- Works with Division Marketing team to develop annual hospital integrated marketing plan.
- Sits on the hospital administration team, providing guidance on strategy and business initiatives in concert with the Division marketing strategy
- Implements marketing plans for service lines to include plan strategic direction, content, creative, community education, screenings, collateral materials, etc.
- Tracks and reports campaign results and uses information to make suggestions in campaign improvements.
- Monitors and reports on monthly budget activity including, but not limited to, % ER spend, spend-to-budget variance, and applicable burn rate.
- Serves as media contact for hospital(s), proactively pitching news stories as well as managing crisis communication and responding to routine media inquiries for health-related stories
- Analyzes business growth related to marketing strategies. Accepts accountability for success/failure of strategies and adjusts plans as dictated by financial/market indicators.
- Researches and acts upon cross-selling opportunities within the Division Marketing.
- Continually monitors competitor activity including, but not limited to: product line strategy, social media activity, and earned media activity.
- Collaborates with Physician Services Group Marketing and other Market Facility Marketing Directors as appropriate to fulfill facility business goals and objectives.
- Acts as a consultant to Human Resources to manage production and distribution of internal communication pieces.
- Serves as support for Business Development team regarding physician programs and skill development – PR, Marketing.
- Supports special projects as spearheaded by Division
- Participates in professional organizations related to the marketing/product line functions as time and budget allow.
- Works with Division office to coordinate efforts as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, business, communications or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and communications skills.
- Ability to analyze market research data.
- Health care experience in marketing, strategic planning, public relations, research, sales, communication and interactive (internet/web) strategy necessary to understand and direct efforts.