AQUENT is seeking a Creative Project Designer for one of our COOLEST clients in the Pittsburgh area!
As Senior Project & Program Manager you orchestrate and realize design delivery management; i.e. scope, plan and manage the execution of project and/or program activities, to realize the respective commitments and Design objectives. You work closely with the Design Business Partner, the designers within the program delivery team and other stakeholders in- and outside the organization.
Your responsibilities include:
• Clarify and align project goals, create comprehensive project plans, get stakeholder buy-in
• Organize the resources to be used and specify the quality standard in the processes
• Manage the project execution towards the timely realization of the agreed deliverables
• Work in a structured and methodical way, utilizing company standard processes and toolset
• Secure transparency and predictability on the progress and outcome of a project in all its metrics
• Contribute to the project management community’s performance and capability building
You will be part of an amazing team in Pittsburgh that includes product design, interaction design, service design, people research, communication design, and project management. We’ve recently moved to an inspiring new studio, co-located with key parts of the business, in a vibrant part of Pittsburgh near world class Universities. Additionally, you will join the Design Project Management community, which consists of about 40 people, with a focus on orchestrating design delivery.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in relevant discipline
• Typically, 10+ years of relevant working experience, owning/leading projects from idea through implementation with evidence of business impact
• Profound know-how of project management knowledge areas and processes. PMP Certification HIGHLY Desired.
• A strong performance track. Learning agility present: fast learner, impact through teamwork and a strong dose of self-reflection. Able to deal with complexity and develop and realize the winning plan. A high drive for personal development
• Key functional competences include the 10 Project Management Institute® knowledge areas, plus change and lean management
• Key behavioral competences include business insight, balance stakeholders, direct work, ensure accountability, build effective teams and nimble learning
• A strong affinity or interest in design and a passion for organization, performance and continuous improvement
* Design Background in UX, Service Design, Communication Design, Digital Design, UX/Design Research etc. Required