Our client is looking for a Sr UX Designer to work on a btob product line -- must have financial services in your background. This is an on-site 12-months assignment to possible full-time with benefits - Medical Dental and 401K.
User Experience and Design is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, content writers and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
Our business is driven by looking through our clients' eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Our purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
• Experience working in financial industry
• Portfolio needs to have: clarity and ease of use for end users; good site layout
• Demonstrated experience working directly with or indirectly with end users via research team
• Design should include flowcharts, affinity diagrams, wireframes
• Strong interaction design experience
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
- Create design solutions with a multi-faceted team, taking into account how digital, physical, and service channels work together
- Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
- Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain design schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
Design Expertise and Execution
- Maintain the high standards set by the group.
- Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
- Participate and support research efforts.
- Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Work well with all partners to deliver work.
- Support UX team members.
- Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
- Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
- Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
- Focus on innovation and improvement.
- Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Why your work matters:
- You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
- By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with us.
- You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment
Responsible for delivering wireframes, user interaction models, user testing strategy and best practices information. Deliverables change on a project-by-project basis, but may also include elements such as site maps, task analysis, mapping to personas, site maps, user / system flows, workflow analysis, storyboards, content mapping, paper or interactive prototypes, SEO recommendations, and usability testing. Applicants must have tremendous client and team leading skills as well as a high proficiency in both written and oral communication; at least 5 years of UXA and information architecture experience on web-based applications and web sites, preferably in an agency environment; a strong UX/IA portfolio; ability to manage multiple large-scale projects at one time, delivering expected documents/recommendations on time and proficiency with Mac OS X, Windows, and the following software: OmniGraffle, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional, PowerPoint, and Visio.