Our Pharmaceutical client in North Chicago is looking for an Instructional Designer to join their internal R&D team for a year long assignment. The right candidate must be able to work onsite 40 hours per week and be proficient in Articulate. It's a plus if the candidate has video recording/editing and Adobe graphic skill.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the needs of the organization
- Design effective intervention strategies that improve individual and organizational performance
- Establish standards for training and performance assessment
- Conduct education needs assessment
- Develop curricula
- Consult and apply advanced instructional design
- Plan and design education/training material
- Train instructors
- Evaluate all aspects of entity training
- Assess impact of training on job performance
- Facilitate team interventions
- Participate in internal audits
- Introduces new training ideas into the organization, adapts new ideas and converts them into approaches that meet training/regulatory challenges.
- Leads projects, identifies scope and outcomes, motivates participants and leads project to conclusion.
- May oversee other instructors and their work.
- Works with supervisors/managers to develop plans, timetables and contingencies for performance improvement intervention.
- Participates in benchmarking and evaluates training effectiveness.
- Establishes measurement and evaluation designs and develops assessment instruments.
- Possible light management, team lead.
- BA/BS required.
- Experience: 5 plus years of training/instructional design or related experience preferably in healthcare or other regulated field.
- Proficient in Articulate.
- Some experience in video recording/editing and Adobe Creative Suite, is a plus.
- Excellent project management capabilities, strong communication skills, strong conceptual abilities, and strong team orientation.