Aquent's beauty client is seeking a charismatic, experienced, and forward-thinking Mid-level Digital Art Director with a strong knowledge and understanding of digital marketing/communication, as well as an extensive creative background that encompasses design direction of web, photography, social and video. This candidate must understand how to bring together ideas, words and images to create a well-rounded digital brand experience. As the lines between social engagement and traditional marketing blur, he or she must be able to design creative solutions that engage consumers. The candidate’s ability to work from concept to execution is essential, as is the ability to work both independently and with a cross-functional team. Our growing team produces engaging, high-quality assets in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
This role will work with and report to the Digital Creative Director and closely collaborate with the Brand Design Team, copywriters, and the rest of the design team, as well as other business, marketing and functional colleagues. The Digital Art Director role develops and executes campaigns and initiatives in support of the Digital Creative Director. This role will be a very hands-on creative role, supporting projects for 360-degree marketing initiatives, including designing for the web and photo/video direction on shoots.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Help determine the overall style and tone of the brand across our digital properties, marketing communications, internal communications, etc.
- Must have is 360 Digital Campaign Development ~ Ecommerce, Web, Email Marketing, Social, Paid Media, etc
- Lead in developing the language of our social content, constantly generating, experimenting and executing ideas
- Responsible for consistently executed brand-level photography for creative assets throughout all stages of the project, from set direction, driving prop sourcing/usage, narrative, lighting, composition, cropping, to retouching.
- Create mood boards for creative concepts, stories and campaigns.
- Meet marketing objectives and strategies while adhering to tight deadlines
- Review creative briefs for incoming jobs and develop creative direction in a collaborative effort based on the job request/requirements
- Organize and maintain a heavy workload in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Establish clean creative concepts that are consistent with the brand
- Work with Digital Creative Director to concept and execute best-in-class creative
- Estimate and manage time accurately and independently; maintain project deadlines and budget
- Manage the creative process from concept through execution to implementation
- Manage and mentor team
- Bring latest design trends, best practices and technical innovations across relevant digital platforms
- Work with Traffic, Production and Content to ensure asset execution in a timely manner
Key Elements for Success/ Must Haves:
- BA or BFA Degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related industry experience, with 2+ years of experience as an Art Director in a fashion/luxury industry as a plus
- Great presentation skills, people skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are all key
- Must be highly creative, flexible, innovative, dynamic, passionate, collaborative, and results-focused
- Ability to produce quality work by deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Strong portfolio of presentation and marketing production work that demonstrates experience designing and producing a variety of digital assets
- An ability to speak to design techniques with a strong understanding of composition, color, imagery, typography as it relates to the web, with a great eye for design
- Knowledge of social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as well as experience working with various online ad design specs and media requirements
- Deep understanding of responsive web design and UX/UI
- Basic comprehension of HTML and CSS
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch is a plus