Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer for internal engineering content, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, writing code walkthroughs, documenting APIs, creating reference materials, or updating existing documents. You will also be managing a large number of documentation sets, mobilizing engineers to write content, and researching information from various sources, including the source code. The API (Apps and Product Infrastructure) Productivity docs team document platform, frameworks, libraries, and tools used by company engineers to create web and mobile apps.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Manage large and complex documentation projects, collaborate with engineers to create content, and drive a culture of documentation in various engineering teams.
- Organize information in an easily discoverable, coherent, and intuitive fashion.
- Learn complex technical information and create well-written technical documentation for company engineers, such as architectural overviews, tutorials for software developers, debugging guides, API programming guides, and more.
- BA/BS degree in any field
- 3+ years of writing development guides.
- Succinct and elegant communication style.
- 3+ years of experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Strong collaboration and project management skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Desired/Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Proven track record of researching and writing effective documentation for engineers; experience writing for internal audiences.
- Skilled at understanding intended audience (existing clients, prospective clients) and adjusting document style and structure appropriately to meet contextual goals
- Proficiency in a Unix environment.
Please provide portfolio link with the summary at the top (No API references) Developer guides NEED to be provided