Project Manager- Creative Global Creative Operations - Beauty
This is a temp to permanent position at a global beauty company based onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week.
Program Manager, Global Design Operations
The Manager of Global Design Operations will help manage programs within a specified category, and
communicate with cross-functional partners within Creative, Marketing and Operations to track and monitor
the steps in the Creative process, ensuring adherence to project-defined guidelines including timetables. This
candidate should be highly organized, have outstanding communication skills, and be a self-starter who can
hit the ground running.
• Learn and comprehend the upcoming launches in the global marketing calendar.
• Initiate directive to begin work process on all programs based upon receipt of screened and preapproved
• Manage workflow and schedules for creative programs on a project basis based upon volume,
deadlines, and priorities. Capture milestone dates and overall timelines regularly validating and
adjusting timelines as needed.
• Establish feasibility and timing of incoming requests in order to gain official approvals and
start/completion dates. Communicate project approvals, start/completion dates, progress reports, and
expectations of delivery should completion date timing need to be amended.
• Liaise with Creative/Design Production department to insure priorities are clearly established and
achieved, meeting deadlines within budget.
• Inform individual creative and external departments of potential budget and/or scheduling problems.
Provide suggested solutions and options.
• Ensure process of tracking dates for Advertising, Creative, Merchandising, Digital, and Collateral
programs is enforced.
• Oversee each phase of the internal and external approval process; including approval of copy, scripts,
layout, art, mechanical, translations and receipt of printed samples.
• Attend weekly/daily status meetings with Creative departments to assure the coordination of all
projects. Review and update internal status report on a weekly basis.
• Issue revised timetables and supplemental estimates when program changes impacted dates and costs.
• Conduct status meetings with point persons from Creative departments to ensure the coordination of
all projects, eliminating the duplication of effort and to maintain clear communication.
• Work with Director to support other Operations Team functions as needed
• Provide support with budget management as needed Process Improvement
• Partner with Director to help identify and establish new processes that encourage efficiency in project
management and information workflow
• 5+ years related work experience in a traffic/operations environment
• Prior experience in a fast-paced, high pressure creative environment (cosmetic industry experience is a
plus – but not required)
• Experience with 360-creative, global project management and curating and managing assets globally
• Strong presentation skills, ability to personally organize, prioritize, and manage freelancers as needed
• Proficiency using MAC Systems platforms and familiarity with PM platforms (Workfront a plus)
• Proficiency in Adobe Cloud programs a plus (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop.)
How You Will be Successful
• Identifies innovative opportunities and provides feedback on possible actions
• Problem solves by creating new approaches, seeking ideas and suggestions when appropriate
• Encourages self and others to be creative in their approach to team tasks
• Understands needs of Creative and its customers in order to build effective partnerships
• Adapts to new environments, processes and teams
• Ability to proactively seek diversification of knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to manage time and work independently or with a team
• Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future
business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.