This role must be seated onsite in Redmond!
Primary mission of the team: Collaborate with design teammates as well as PMs and engineers to provide consistent and clear user communication within the product as well as in our guidelines.
Support FTE Content Designer scaling content design across the division and writing/editing UI Guidelines for our developer services team.
• 40% is fielding questions that are answered by the styleguide and writing new UI text that conforms to the rules
• 40% editing existing guidelines and writing new topics as outlined by the working group
• 20% working on instructional UI text that requires product knowledge, seeking feedback and making judgement calls.
Required skills include:
• Ability to digest information from a variety of sources and apply those into the appropriate contexts.
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills
• Ability to switch between procedural documentation and UI text.
• Structural thinker, experience in information hierarchies
• Technical familiarity; experience with writing for technical audiences a strong plus.
• Some knowledge of HTML/CSS/markdown or a programming language; comfortable working in a technical space
• Highly collaborative in a deadline intensive environment
• Team collaborator who delivers correct, clear, concise, compelling customer experiences
• Self-starter who plans and executes work with minimal support
• Organized and efficient
• Comfortable with ambiguity