Are you interested in the opportunity to work for one of the largest companies in the world alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry working to solve complex business challenges? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for Sr. UX Designers to join our rapidly growing team of UX professionals at our client, a Fortune 100 Energy Company in the Woodlands. If you want to design innovative UX solutions to challenging scientific problems in a collaborative environment, then here is your chance to join our client's corporate community of 75+ UX professionals. The Upstream UX team drives software designs used to make billion-dollar business decisions.
· Lead the research and design effort to enable reservoir, drilling, and completion engineers make multi-billion dollar optimization decisions as they develop of one of the largest unconventional oil and gas acreage positions in North America.
· In the first month, engage with cross-discipline team of optimization experts and software engineers to learn about the complex technical domain as well as computing capabilities.
· In the first three months, identify and document workflows noting the largest areas for business impact. Leverage our in-house research team to design a generative research plan to influence the strategic direction of the scientific research. Design an evaluative research strategy and utilize our in-house usability lab to regularly evaluate software solutions and demonstrate UX improvements.
· In the first six months, work with a cross-discipline team of optimization experts and software engineers to design and implement focused solutions that test assumptions and deliver incremental business value. Demonstrating and communicating results to stakeholders and management is expected to result in the growth of this effort and could include an increased desire for a larger team focusing on optimization for unconventional reservoirs.
· Engage with users (most are co-located at our office) to build a strategy for how to design for gaps in knowledge and understanding of optimization technology as well as how to present uncertainty in optimization solutions.
· Collaborate with other designers to critique designs, build on standards, and contribute to the upstream technical design language.
Our client forges new paths, embraces energy efficiency, and advances technology to deliver energy to the world. The new campus, on the north side of Houston, is nestled among 385 wooded acres and is designed for collaboration, wellness, and sustainability. The office is LEED Gold certified with ample natural light and many amenities.
Client Description (Put in the About section of job posting)