- New York City
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Rose Davenport
This looks like a fun, challenging job for the right jr to mid-level candidate! This is a PERFECT opportunity to add one of the world's largest brands to your resume!
Our client, a leading financial services company, is looking for someone to coordinate the events and internal communication for their Digital team. This individual will be responsible for communication, event planning, real-estate coordination, supplies, and project management. The role’s primary focus will be to drive Communication & Employee Engagement activities for the Digital team in their NY location. You will work closely with Web leaders and support the planning and production of internal communications within the organization and be responsible for end to end Web NY employee communication activities. You will maintain the employee value proposition by engaging and informing colleagues via various channels (Slack, email, confluence, etc.) of events to create camaraderie and increase morale. Post events, you will collect colleague feedback and analysis and evaluate trends in responses for future improvements. In addition to team events, you will partner with other employee engagement streams that support in planning and organizing employee engagement events and campaigns throughout the year.
· Work in tandem with the HR to drive employee initiatives and campaigns and increase employee strategy effectiveness.
· Co-ordinate vendors and subject matter experts for Colleague Initiatives.
· Ensure Compliance with all internal, external and regulatory norms while drafting and cascading communications to the team.
· Act as the central point of contact for Communications.
· Liaise with HR team for compliance and procedures, act as the one point contact for HR queries.
· Liaise with Finance team as needed. Act as the one point contact for Finance queries, which includes query resolution for Ad hoc requirements.
· Maintaining Employee Engagement budgets. This would include coordinating with teams on expenses, monitoring and reporting
· Liaise with Facilities on Real Estate planning and execution.
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
· Previous experience in Communications and relationship management is preferred.
· Ability to work proactively, strong time management skills
· Strong relationship management skills, will be required to maintain a good working relationship with leaders and colleagues
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities
· Proven track record of teamwork and collaboration
· Strong ability to communicate, superior written and verbal skills
· Excellent MS Office skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
· Flexible and enthusiastic in taking on new and different assignments.
· Background of proactively seeking opportunities for process improvement
· Demonstrates self-motivation, detail-oriented, organized, analytical
· Record of driving results with strong quantitative skills
· College degree and/or equivalent preferred