- Bristol, CT
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment (Sports) brand in Bristol, CT is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to join their team. This is a temporary role slated to go 6 months and could extend.
Be part of an exciting, high business impact, multi-year project to custom build a suite of applications supporting our client’s Advertising Sales department. Have an impact on the client employee’s ability to efficiently, effectively, and accurately package and sell advertising inventory.
You will be embedded in several agile development teams running in parallel, working closely with the product owners, business analysts, and software developers. You will have support from other UX designers embedded in the project, along with UX designers from the larger User Experience team serving other enterprise software engineering projects.
- Create Sketches, Wireframes & Interactive Prototypes
- Lead Design/Whiteboard Sessions
- Create Visual Designs and Specs
- Conduct user research and testing to validate user-centered design decisions
- Maintain existing style guide
- Perform audits on your designs once they are built
- Other (information architecture, task flows, mockups, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience working as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect (or closely related field) in the design of websites, web applications, desktop, and/or mobile applications.
- Portfolio of your amazing work at all stages; sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual design, usability testing results, personas, task flows, etc.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and usability principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to effectively lead whiteboard design sessions
- Effective negotiator, enthusiastic team player, and able to resolve conflicts
- Attentive to details while successfully juggling multiple assignments and competing priorities
- Proficiency with Sketch, Axure and Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools
- Solid understanding of the technical implications of design.
- Practical knowledge of user research methods, including lab-based usability studies, field studies, and usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walkthroughs)
- A hearty thirst and enthusiasm for UX knowledge, trends, sharing, and banter
Leading Entertainment client
If you are available and interested in this role, please forward your resume and portfolio to Jennifer Torrens at Jtorrens@aquent.com. Thank you in advance for your time.