Aquent's client is looking for a hybrid Sr. Digital Business Analyst/Product Owner to work a contract role. It's in the company's Digital Experience team, primarily focused on Stores and Marketing.
This role will be working on critital and exciting new initiaves in an exciting, trendy and fast paced company and atmosphere.
Ideal candidate has a past title as Sr. Business Analyst or Product Owner, as well as retail or e-commerce experience, as well as campaign managment, data analytics, cloud data analytics, loyalty programs and store side experience.
This role will be involved with user stories, grooming, sprint planning, resolution and more in an Agile Environment.
The role will work closely with team members and the IT team to help identify, prioritize, and confirm requirements for projects within the comnpany for project roadmaps with an emphasis on the guest digital experience. (Think Apps, Website, and Store Experiences)
This candidate will need to be able to effectively communicate with project stakeholders using business terminology as well as possess a strong technical background to enable comprehensive business-IT alignment.
Duties include coordinating and facilitating requirements gathering sessions, developing appropriate requirements and functional design documentation, use cases as well as assisting in the testing of the functionality of newly developed digital enhancements.
This candidate will be at an experienced level, with expected strong written, verbal communication and facilitation skills and business acumen — with critical analytical skills and sound judgment.
To dig in a bit further about Duties....
• Management of individual product lifecycles, from understanding a concept or the current state, assessing gaps, defining key capabilities, working across the organization to develop requirements, working with Business, IT and Creative resources to understand tradeoffs, through product launch and ongoing management.
• Partner with a cross functional team of designers, technologists to produce business requirement artifacts including Epics, User Stories, Use Cases, Business Rules, Supplemental (Non-Functional) Specifications, and User Interface Design Specifications for complex projects.
• Use market research, customer surveys, customer feedback, and web analytic data to understand customer and business needs, discovering latent gaps, identifying new opportunities to ultimately define a product roadmap.
• Develop realistic business case scenarios for new product capabilities – to rationalize resource investments.
• Transform complex concepts into executable plans and customer experiences.
• Anticipate industry and product trends, capability prioritization and tradeoffs, balancing business needs versus technical constraints.
• Be engaged throughout the whole project life-cycle, from inception to production launch and post-launch assessment based on business requirements.