- Indianapolis, IN
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Kate Gottfried
Our biotech client in Indianapolis is looking for a Graphic Designer to join their Diabetes Care team. The Graphic Designer develops and designs the aesthetics and layout of product artwork, component design, marketing and public relations materials, and packaging for scientific data and/or visual communication media to enhance product image.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes current graphic design technology and computer software packages to produce advertisements, sales promotion and public relations material for visual communications media.
- Originates design, art and copy layouts.
- Reviews drafts, proofs camera-ready art, and ensures proper pagination and color assignment.
- Determines style, size and arrangement of type and illustrations.
- Applies established corporate branding specifications to ensure work meets organization guidelines.
- May also have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors, providing instructions or directly assembles and prepares final layouts for printer.
- May design Web pages, including layout, user interface graphics, navigation, and graphics, working closely with Web Developers on coding to integrate text, graphics, sound, and/or video.
- May perform limited amount of Web programming and coding.
- Collaborates with project teams to plan, analyze, organize, and execute assigned projects.
- May meet with employees, consultants, and/or vendors, to assess effectiveness of product imagery and presentation needs.
- Manages relationships with external sources relating to design issues.
- Specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field or business unit.
- Duties are varied and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development.
- Provides direction on issues of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction.
- Requires the regular use of originality and ingenuity.
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Bachelors’ degree in graphic design, fine arts, visual communications or related field
- Requires 3 years of design experience including layout, design and or illustrations
- Requires experience in managing vendors
- Requires ability to learn technical details of the Roche product lines and document structure
- Requires ability to work in a highly regulated and matrixed environment
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and efficiently
- Requires excellent graphic design and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills
- Requires knowledge of industry relevant multimedia software
To apply, pleas submit an updated resume and current portfolio. Candidates without a portfolio or resume will not be considered.