- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for understanding the team's communications strategy, developing and executing various communication initiatives. This position also includes understanding and writing content, resolving communication challenges and delivery limitations, and providing viable recommendations that optimize communications in a cost-effective way. Working closely with internal team members and assigned project leads, this position is responsible for ensuring communications plans are kept up-to-date and that various types of communications are created, produced and distributed in a timely manner and within agreed upon budget.
- Coordinate internal team-based projects.
- Coordinate with team communication leads and matrix partners to develop, drive and execute comprehensive communication plans (internal and external) including end-to-end delivery.
- Participate as a communication subject matter expert, responsible for understanding and mapping out content, with a goal to create an optimal communication experience for all impacted audiences.
- May coordinate and act as a single point of contact between the project delivery teams and the array of communications, marketing, public relations and other stakeholders.
- Support the preparation of communication project plans.
- Ensure deliverables have passed through proper approvals and legal channels and that communications conform to and meet different national and state regulatory requirements.
- Interface with internal constituencies (e.g., field, Service Operations, Product, Medical Management, Service Operations, Contracting) to develop and coordinate communication plans for new initiatives, policy/ program changes – this includes providing recommendations relative to the communication strategy and execution of the overall strategic direction and project objectives.
- Lead the coordination of internal and external communications to support network relationships as requested by team communication leads.
- Based on insights and data, make recommendations to improve communication strategy.
- Maintain up-to-date project status in reporting tools.
- As needed, develop project cost, timing and resource estimates and schedules; Track and report estimated vs. actual costs; Create schedules; Ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoicing and on-time delivery.
- As needed, document meetings and conference calls in writing, outlining direction and agreements made.
- As needed, coordinates with external vendors.
- As needed, prepares statements of work and other documents that set the expectations for the development of communication plans and supporting materials.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline.
- Minimum five years relevant experience, preferably including prior employment with a marketing agency or corporate marketing group.
- Broad business knowledge of all aspects of the healthcare services industry.
- Experience evaluating customer needs; and leveraging strong consulting and project management skills.
- Hands-on experience managing communication and marketing initiatives from beginning to end.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic, heavily matrixed environment.
- Able to lead multiple projects that require the support of other team members.
- Work independently, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Solid organization, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support and buy-in.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing budget estimates, and creating communication and marketing plans.
- Experience in MS Office Suite. Strong Excel skills, a plus
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug test prior to start.