- New York City
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client, a leading Health Services company, is looking for a User Experience Designer in their Data & Analytics (D&A) organization. In this consulting role, you'll collaborate closely with internal business owners, developers, data scientists, and other designer to create powerful but elegant products that deliver key insights to the people who need them. You'll conduct user research, design wireframes, build and test prototypes, and do some light visual design.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- 3-5 years' experience working in UX/Product Design, experience designing enterprise or data-heavy applications preferred
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Experience delivering and iterating on creative solutions
- Ability to think creatively and ask questions
- Ability to communicate at various levels within large organizations
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs and requirements, especially understanding what users truly need vs. what they believe they need
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains a plus
- Experience with Dashboards or Infographics a plus
Education: Bachelors degree in UX/UI, Design, or related field. 3-5 years' experience
Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start