Our global client in Kohler, WI is seeking a Technical Illustrator / 3D CAD for a full-time contract role in Kohler, WI. Full-time hours for 1 year, with liklelihood of continuing past a year. Great opportunity to get a foot in the door at a phenomenal company!
Solid technical illustrator or "CAD-lite" with desire to transition to technical illustration.
The Technical Illustrator would be responsible for the development of illustrations for clearly conveying technical information for non-technical end users. Work is developed using PTC IsoDraw, utilizing 3D CAD models and engineering drawings as source files. Types of illustrations to include: isometric views, installation illustrations, servicing illustrations, and service parts diagrams.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• Associate Degree in a technical field and experience using 3D modeling software (Pro-E/Creo experience preferred) OR illustration experience with demonstrated technical aptitude, including the use of a CAD tool such as Pro-E/Creo or similar software.
• Proficiency at visualization skills including ability to translate between two- and three-dimensional data views
• Requires mechanical aptitude and familiarity with Do-It-Yourself home improvements
• Ability to draw product freehand from sight when necessary
• Ability to manipulate, rotate and explode 3D assemblies
• Ability to identify parts of 3D assemblies and convert 3D to 2D drawings
• Demonstrated spatial ability to create/organize illustrations to clearly convey technical information for non-technical end users.
• Must be able to work independently and self-prioritize.
• Proficiency in written and verbal communication required for collaborative work with off-site and off-shore team members.
• Must be able to provide and receive constructive feedback relating to project work.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, PTC IsoDraw, or similar software required.
• Experience with SAP and PhotoShop a plus.