Key member of Brand Team, accountable to assist in the development and implementation of the overall strategy, key strategic imperatives, positioning & messaging for assigned products or a future product launch. Responsible to assist in the development, execution and implementation of brand strategy or launch plan, including annual brand tactical plan while ensuring brand/portfolio alignment with customer segments.
Accountable for the implementation of marketing activities for assigned products both marketed and in development, while refining messaging to specific customer segment and ensuring brand alignment of all initiatives. Works closely with Commercial Effectiveness to establish, own and defend the brand forecast.
Develops key messages and positioning for that brand and proactively communicates with Portfolio Leads and others to ensure transparent communications within and outside the department. Works with Portfolio Leads to create POA "Call to Action" and Sales Force Launch Program.
• Accountable to manage the brand/portfolio budget process for designated area - makes sound decisions to optimize spend and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and quality of services are maintained while costs remain on track and according to budget. Monitors agency expenses by looking for opportunities to maximize value while minimizing agency costs. Follows internal and external procedures in managing contracts. Regularly tracks and reconciles expenses to ensure budget is on track.
• Assists in developing and coordinating overall brand plan, ensuring alignment of brand positioning and messaging with COE’s
• Develops and presents compelling plans for management endorsement.
• Develops and executes marketing plans through the extended brand team.
• Develops personal and non-personal HCP promotional materials – collaborates with COE for respective expertise in customer segment
• Executes the effective integration of various marketing tactics – medical education, advertising, public relations, sales force, patient education, etc.
• Implements pre-marketing strategies, and develops clinical thought-leader relationships and involvement.
• Leads and/or assists in the development of plans and strategic marketing plans for new and current products. This includes working with the relevant units to ensure in-depth market analysis, effective market research activities, thought leader development, forecasting, pricing strategy, etc.
• Manages all aspects of the marketing mix including promotion, pricing, distribution, and product developments and/or changes.
• Works closely with all cross – functional areas (for example; medical, field sales, regulatory) to ensure successful development and execution of marketing plans.
• Works effectively with international colleagues for new product launches.
• Selects and manages professional services to create effective launch programs to maximize return on investment
• Assists in leading key non-Patient Marketing/HCP relationship marketing initiatives as needed by brand team.
• Assists in other brand functions as needed including special projects and process improvement initiatives.
• Develops and disseminates promotion and training programs, including coordination of involved external suppliers and agencies, and with input from sales.
• Develops and implements marketing plan with promotional budget responsibility. Implements promotional tactics within budget parameters.
• Manages the advertising agency and promotional review system to implement overall campaign elements, educational, promotional and public relations programs.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
• At least five (5) years' sales and/or Brand management/marketing experience within the pharmaceutical industry required.
• Planning, Execution and Follow-Up – effectively prioritizes and spends his/her time and the time of other on what is important. Develops accurate short and long term plans. Ensures timely execution and follow-up. Meets deadlines. Anticipates problems and roadblocks to avoid crisis management.
• The ability to work on cross functional teams