Our global manufacturing client is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to add to their growing team. Reporting directly to the Program Manager or Director - Project Management, the primary function of the Senior Project Manager will include leading multi-function project teams on multiple projects simultaneously. Within each project, a Project Manager will typically manage, by means of influence, 3-5 internal work teams. This role demands the incumbent excels in project management, interdepartmental and client coordination, budget maximization, process optimization, and delivery of timely and cost effective results.
This role manages projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality. Prior experience with B2C and B2B campaign and brand advertising is required, including familiarity with print, broadcast, photography, tradeshow and video production processes. This position requires the ability to create solutions in partnership with our businesses marketing and management teams. Work is performed with minimal direction and reviewed by management within the businesses and Communications.
- Manage multiple project implementations up to $500,000 in costs from creative development through production. May also oversee Project Managers who manage projects up to $100,000 in cost.
- Provide thought leadership into the design and implementation of assigned projects. Collaborate with team members, management and key stakeholders to ensure clear project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives.
- Manage the translation of creative concepts through layout and production.
- Build full schedule at the onset of a project; proactively manage and update schedule as the project evolves. Communicate changes to key milestone dates to project team members.
- Estimate the resources (vendor and other expenses), as well as participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Accountable for full budget management including control of the project scope, resources and quality within budget and schedule.
- Maintain thorough documentation for all projects utilizing departmental project tracking system (Webvantage); open and close projects in a timely manner to ensure accuracy of agency capacity reports.
- Maintain accuracy of program plans (budget, status, resource assignments) for all assigned projects within a campaign.
- Consistently communicate with interdepartmental teams to ensure all teams are on task with projects and deadlines.
- Provide updates to business units in form of project review meetings and management presentations. This should include general design reviews, project scheduling/resourcing, budget reviews, change orders and similar.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans. Ensure that critical issues are escalated in a timely manner and that management is kept informed about key issues affecting project scope, timeline, cost and/or resources. Intercede on behalf of projects for issues escalated from Project Manager.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Kohler Communications’ capabilities and services, and associated timing and cost; effectively advise Account Management, and frequently business partners, on offerings and timing to better level set expectations.
- Stay current on developments in the industries serviced by Kohler Company, as well as developments in communications and marketing across all communications channels.
- Attend trade shows and other marketing events as required or directed by manager. Assist Exhibits and Displays Department as necessary prior to all trade shows, and be available to help in staffing the booth during the show if required.
- Mentor and identify career development opportunities for Project Manager direct reports.
- Flexibility for up to 10% of travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Communications, Marketing, Business or related field required along with 5 or more years of traditional advertising or print production experience, preferably with at least 3 of those years involved in a client services/project management role delivering work to external clients.
- Must have a strong understanding of traditional B2C and B2B campaign and brand advertising and maintain awareness of the current industry environment that shapes opportunities for client solutions.
- Excellent oral, written, problem-solving, and presentation communication skills critical. Position requires an extremely organized, assertive and detail-oriented individual who is capable of self-managing, multi-tasking and influencing across all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Project Management training and/or PMP certification a plus.