- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client, a major Healthcare company in the Hartford County area, is seeking a Marketing Consultant to support the Individual and Family Plans business unit, with specific responsibility for the development and execution of multi-channel acquisition and retention strategies for the dental business. This role will be a hybrid marketing strategy/marketing communications role, with a direct reporting relationship to the Segment Marketing Sr. Director and a dotted line relationship to the to the Marketing Communications Manager.
Key responsibilities include developing and aligning the segment business and marketing objectives, developing marketing strategies and plans, managing the overall creative development process with internal and external agencies, and partnering with our operations and analytics teams to design and set up campaigns. Additionally, the Marketing Consultant will have accountability for development and execution of broker marketing/engagement campaigns. The Marketing Consultant will have strong experience in managing campaign plans aligned to objectives, overseeing execution, utilizing analytic insights gained from campaigns, and ensuring optimized investment of budget in order to maximize profitability. Traditional marketing competencies around targeted messaging and value proposition development, creative execution that drives response and alignment to branding strategy are crucial. Additionally, the marketing consultant will have accountability for assisting in the development of our website strategy to support the execution of all direct-to-consumer digital marketing initiatives. The successful candidate for this role will be a self-directed, proactive individual who brings a natural intellectual curiosity and appetite for action to the role and is comfortable with a fast-paced, changing startup environment.
- Work with Business Development Managers to develop segment marketing objectives and strategies for both the direct-to-consumer and broker channels. Translates strategies into plans, ensuring alignment with senior management and cross-functional business partners.
- Incorporate test and learn and analytics into marketing strategy. Understands the need for establishing campaign metrics and goals, and ensures that results and data are utilized to evolve campaigns and make marketing decisions.
- Work closely with campaign management team to develop campaign execution plans, timelines and reporting requirements. And, partner with operations team to secure associated campaign phone numbers and urls to facilitate campaign performance tracking.
- Utilize insights gained through program/campaign performance, market/sales data, market/competitor research, to optimize marketing activities.
- Design and manage detailed integrated plans based on the customer segment including contact strategy, creative briefs, marketing messages and claims, campaign data specifications and creative requirements.
- Manage the creative process through internal and external creative and agency resources. This includes but is not limited to the development of briefing materials, evaluating creative, and overseeing the development and implementation of ideas across multiple deliverables and tactics to ensure consistency and adherence to brand standards.
- Oversee creative development to ensure creatives align with brand standards and compliance requirements.
- Partner with product, business and other cross-functional team members to secure and develop content for creatives.
- Partner with Marketing Centers of Excellence on campaign execution/production to ensure best practices are being utilized. Manage versioning of creatives to identified prospects, and ensure creatives are uploaded to the appropriate tools.
- Monitor website performance and drive evolution of digital strategy in partnership with the enterprise digital team. Develop reporting dashboards.
- Manage marketing budget, including monthly billing and accrual review.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of progressive marketing experience
- Direct marketing or customer experience in the health care industry
- Held key marketing role in a consumer marketing, analytically-driven marketing team
- Experience leading and managing external creative agencies
- Experience in building out multi-channel marketing plans that span both traditional and digital media
- Experience with both consumer-direct and broker marketing
- Leading creative and value proposition development work
- MBA or other Masters Degree in related marketing discipline
- Strong cross-functional leadership and influence skills
Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.