Aquent is seeking a Project Coordinator for one of our most reputable clients in a Northern Suburb of Chicago.
This role will be a crucial support role for a fast-moving and detailed team of Managers, Sourcers and more.
This role will include updating complicated and involved Excel documents, including recommending data collection of information such as supplier profiles, product roadmaps, manuals and more.
Could be responsible for creating and maintaining documents from ideation to current state and updating information posted, access permissions, and additional content.
The ideal candidate needs to be extremely detail oriented, have a high level of business acumen, be comfortable with business metrics, and organizational detail.
Must always be striving to identify Best Practices for review (both internal and external).
The Ideal candidate has Project Coordinator or Project Manager experience is comfortable filling out multiple data/excel sheets including critical info about supplier profiles, product roadmaps, and preparing PowerPoint Presentations.
Experience in working with Buyers or Sourcing helpful but not required. Must be super organized with business savvy. Business Degree helpful but not required.
- Manages small to medium projects under limited direction.
- Applies advanced planning and scheduling techniques (WBS, OBS, CPM).
- Performs schedule variance analysis. Presents project status to the project team.
- Fills out complex templates.
- Facilitates plan development.
- Documents basic project management processes and procedures.
- Provides resource (budget) requirement planning.
- Identifies issues and recommends alternate solutions.
- Perform small-scale project management needs assessments.
- Uses company methodologies to develop project plans.
- Skilled in defining project scope and requirements. Ensures quality and timeliness of project results.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, etc.) and Powerpoint. (may need to take Excel test or show Powerpoint presentation example)
• Bachelor’s degree required (Business Degree Preferred)
• 2+ years of equivalent work experience. (Project Coordinator, Business Internship, Systems/Applications, Project Business Management and/or business experience.) (internships ok)
• Ability to understand and translate business requirements, Analytical and creative ability where problems are extremely complex.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities, procedures or assignments, Capable of gaining a detailed understanding of the system being supported.
• Completion of industry recognized project management training (PMP) curriculum helpful